We're excited to share this very delicious cookie recipe with you. Dark chocolate with cherries is such a classic combo, and yet... it's become rare to come across. So what does a chocolatey-cherry enthusiast do? DIY!
Here's what you'l need:
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp. allspice
• 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
• 2 pinches clove powder
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1 cup dried cherries
- Set butter out to soften
- Combine wet ingredients with sugars, mix until emulsified
- Combine dry ingredients
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until nicely mixed
- Cover and chill in a large bowl 2 hours (this will give your cookies substance and height, as well as ensure chewiness inside.
- Roll chilled dough into palm-sized balls
- Place balls on a non-stick pan, or oven-safe pad, 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake at 350º for 15-18 minutes depending upon desired consistency. If you prefer softer, bake less, crispier - bake longer.
- Allow to cool completely. Enjoy!